Wednesday, December 28, 2005

cough cough

I'm sick, again. I had two colds during my 5 months in India, and now that I'm back, I have a cough/cold that might be the flu. I'm not sure yet, I just know that I feel miserable. The sneaky virus just crept up on me too. I just thought I was clearing my throat for a day or two with intermittent coughs, and then I woke up the day after Christmas (well, hungover), but also just feeling terrible in general. By today, it's a full blown head cold and cough with body aches, and I'm about to get on a plane in just a few hours.

I have travel plans over the next several days to visit Santa Cruz and Sacramento before driving back to SF on New Years Day. At least since I'll be staying with family and close friends, I'll be able to go to bed early or do whatever I need to do to get better, but it's still a bummer.

But hey, for those of you who haven't heard, my next assignment for work is local! (If you can call Pleasanton local, but since my commute doesn't involve a plane and I'll be able to come home at nights, it's local). It kicks off on January 9 for 6 weeks. Wow, it will be nice and strange to actually work in the Bay Area. I've traveled 100% for the past 2 years! Just wait, in a few months (assuming I stay local for awhile, which is likely), I'll be itching to travel again.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think I caught your sick from reading your blog.

Christie said...

Well, I know at least one other person who got sick on the exact same day I did, also in a different state, and he didn't even read my blog! Stop blaming the poor blog :)

I'm finally starting to get better by the way. I went to the gym today, but I still have cold symptoms :(