Thursday, December 08, 2005

World Traveler

Wow, I just realized I've been to 6 new countries this year, definitely breaking any previous year's records (I don't count airport connections, but if I did, there would be Sri Lanka and Germany to add to the list ;)

2005 Travels
1. Costa Rica
2. Canada (Vancouver)
3. India (Mumbai, Goa, Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur)
4. Maldives
5. United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
6. UK (London)

Also, Eleeza asked us to "workshop" blog and post lists of countries we wanted to visit. Here was my next "top 10" I posted to her site, but not necessarily in this order:

1. Thailand
2. South Africa
3. France
4. New Zealand
5. Portugal
6. Italy
7. Australia
8. Brazil
9. Malaysia
10.Canada (parts other than Vancouver :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You need to make one of these maps. My country one isn't too impressive, but you can also do a state one, and I've been to 33 states, which I think is pretty good. The cool thing about the country maps is if even if you've drove across the border to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, it colors in the whole country, and for a big country like that it looks pretty impressive.

It's funny, I see your list of places you want to go, and I'm like, I want to go there! And I have the same reaction when someone's telling me about a trip to Egypt. But if I honestly think of places I want to go, I think top of my list would be Alaska. Which doesn't sound very exotic in comparison to some of the other places I can think of.

Christie said...

I tried to post the map code to my site, but it didn't work, so, the results are that I've only visited 4% of the countries in the world (11 countries). But I have visited 18 US States (35%) which isn't too bad, considering there are several states I never intend to visit at all ;) Thanks for the link!

eva said...

Yay! Workshop blogging is fun. I find it curious that Canada made your top 10. Then again, I've been to Toronto more times than I'd care to recall (family), so I guess I can understand the appeal. And that map is so cool! I'm going to try and link it to my blog. I've only been to 6 percent of the world's countries. :( However, my daylong layover in Moscow (I went out and explored the city) helped fill in a large chunk of Asia, so that's cool!