Wednesday, July 20, 2005

You're Fired!

Yesterday, my manager kept referring to firing people at the client when they aren’t cooperating, and how we have some leeway to fire them. I was surprised, but took it in stride, only to find out this morning that to “fire” someone means simply to yell at them. Good to know. I wouldn’t want to show up in the morning to have someone saying that I was fired the day before. I think I’d be a bit upset, to say the least.

Also, in filling out my identification card request for the client, I had to put my height in centimeters, blood type and any distinguishing physical identification marks, such as a scar or mole. It’s a bit odd that they’d want to know this. At least they didn’t ask for dental records.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Christie - aap khe se hai? (right answer: me tik hoo)
Awesome that you're keeping a Blog of this. Oh, and if you think the elephant is cool - wait until a random cow sits down in a major intersection and snarles traffic for hours... if it hasn't happened yet...it will! ;-)

Anonymous said...

wow... Hindi... you're in Maharastra! You need mahrati! More like "Tu kashi ahes" or "kai mhanthes?" (more casual). And just "teak" will suffice for an answer.

Anonymous said...

I meant Maharashtra... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Actually, everyone here I've interacted with speaks Hindi, so, sorry, but I'm going to try to learn more of that than Marati.