Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Get comfy!
New alerts. Schools are closed for two days, the airport has been closed since noon, and apparently no one is traveling for a few days, anywhere, including us. The guest house facilities on the campus where we are working are full, so I'm going to find a nice comfy cube to sleep in (ha!). Our hotel will send a car for us as soon as it's possible, but that won't be anytime soon. I'm too tired to work, but might start to out of boredom. lol. And I'm skeptical how long my remaining trail mix will last me. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow, gal - some welcome! Recommend you read "Chasing the Monsoon" by Alex Frater when you get a chance: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0805020527/qid=1122419782/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-8041756-2348832?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Are they supplying you with blankets and pillows? if not, I would suggest taking the top off of an office char, and using that as a pillow (don't laugh, I've done it before...and no, you may not ask the circumstances surronding said event).
Hey Christie!
Well...I suppose the little work orientation and our powerpoint decks don't prepare anyone for this kind of stuff :-)
Very cool to read about your adventure. Definitely hope the deluge calms down soon. take care!
Christie, How are you? How is Bombay treating you? Heard from a Cousin of mine that he had to walk 6 hours to get back home and there was no way for him to communicate to his folks. Hope u made it to the Hotel. Good Luck with everything!!!!!
Hey! I hope you're OK. I'm reading about massive floods in the New York Times. Well, the floods aren't *IN* the New York Times, so much as they've been written about *IN* the NYT. OK. You know what I mean. I'm a little flighty today. Did you have to swim back to your hotel?
Post a Comment