The countdown is starting...well, it won't officially start until I have a ticket and a definitive departure date, but for right now, let's say I'm leaving on July 18. Today I spent my morning at the Public Health Services Office of San Francisco Travel Clinic for my immunizations. I was actually quite impressed with their knowledge and the prices were within reason, but then again, it never really seems reasonable to pay people to inject you with strains of diseases, now does it? I received 4 shots to protect me against Hepatitis A, Tetanus/Diptheria, Polio, and Japanese Encephalitis. I also have a set of pills for Typhoid, and a prescription for anti-malarial medication while I'm gone. Fun.
After dinner (over Indian food, of course) with my counselor and another coworker who have traveled to India several times, I am feeling more prepared, and more excited. The next several days will involve more discussions with people, more shopping, and more list-making as I, the quintessential planner, try to find that fine balance between being adequately prepared, and just going with the flow. Not easy for me, as I tend to lean towards the extreme of the former.
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
C-dogg: I prefer this format, mostly because I use blogger for my own blog. However, so long as we get all the details of your battles w/malaria, I'll read whatever!
Post a Comment