Apparently, the client doesn’t have file folders, nor does the client contact I asked know what they are. So now I have amassed piles of paper across my desk. I can’t seem to locate any paper clips or binder clips either. I’m sure these things exist, just apparently not in my building. A trip to the Indian Staples equivalent should remedy that.
Also, standard computer paper size here isn’t 8.5x11 inches. I have yet to actually measure it, which would be in centimeters anyway, but I’d say it’s closer to 8.25x11.5. Apparently, this is the paper that the rest of the world uses, and the U.S. is the one that is unique. Also, their standard hole puncher here is 2-hole, not three. I’m not sure this is exactly the kind of exotic stories you were all hoping to hear from my India experience, but when you are in the office for 12 hours a day, the blog topics can get limited.
Friday, July 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You'd never heard of A4 paper before? Oh, Christie, you're so Americentric. It's a very rational system, though--right up your alley.
Maybe you could put all your paper in one big pile and use pappadums as dividers.
Sadly, no. A4 never entered my nomenclature growing up in the Irvine bubble.
I can't believe I just read that entire link. Jeff, for cruelly using my inate curiousity against me, you henceforth shall be my mortal enemy!
Post a Comment