Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Floating Away
Today is one of the worst days of the monsoon season for the year. It's been pouring so hard all day that the client released their employees at 4:30pm. That's practically a half-day by Indian standards. Right now it's 6pm and we're still here, waiting for our managers to finish up with client meetings (a few of the execs are still around), and also waiting for one of our drivers to get here. Roads are closed, bridges are out, and train routes have been stopped. What normally takes us an hour without traffic or an hour and a half with normal traffic may take us 4 hours or more tonight. We honestly aren't sure. I wish we had a boat. What's most frustrating is that our hotel is really only about 20km from the client, but with the condition of the roads, the level of traffic, and the (slow) speed around here, it takes so long to go such a short distance even in good weather conditions. The lack of proper suspension in all of the cars aggravates the uncomfortable commute. I think the honking will be in full force today. Hm. I doubt I’ll see any elephants today, or, maybe that’s the way to travel in this type of weather! Here’s hoping to my safe return to the hotel…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment