Sunday, October 22, 2006

The week in review

I survived the week, and recovered by pretty much sleeping the entire first half of the weekend. Over the past few nights, I've eaten at Strada, Marzano, and Joy King Lau, had drinks at Meza, The Fine Line, and the Cork & Bottle, watched a show at The Comedy Store, made dinner for a Canadian traveler I met in Vienna as he travels back through London on his way home, had two bottles of wine from Tesco/Sainsbury that were surprisingly quite good (NZ Pinot Noir for £6 and a Chianti Reserve for £9), took the wrong bus to dinner one night, resulting in about 45 minutes of extra walking in ridiculously high boots, and put in quite a full first week at the client.

If this is what London life is like, then I will definitely be sleeping in every weekend.

I still have a long list of things to buy, but I want to purchase them slowly because a. I might realize that I can actually live without some of them, b. I'd rather start to buy things with my UK money once I finally get a bank account and get paid, c. Since all the stores are new to me, I'm still not quite sure where/how to do the best price comparison, and d. My next houshold will likely be more set up with kitchen items than my current one.

And finally, without further ado, I'd like to announce the winner for the first person to visit me from the U.S. The award goes to....(drumroll)......Lorenzo! He'll be here for 4 days during the first week of November because he found a ticket for only 50,000 miles (normally international are 80,000) and he can take some time off around then as well. Hooray! I might actually see some touristy sights for a change.

No comments: