Since I can't actually scream in the office, I will do it here. I am so fed up with the incompetence of all the HR people and the Citigroup people I have interacted with. For various reasons in this category of complete disregard or inattention to actual processes or doing one's job, I still don't have my debit card for my US checking account, 11 days after I reported it stolen, and my UK checking account has not been processed yet after the initial request was put into HR for employee validation on 18 September. This is ridiculous. There must be a conspiracy for me to be broke and without debit cards. I have access to cash, but that's not the problem. You can't make online reservations with cash. You can't pay your flatmate for the deposit via wire transfer or bill pay with cash. You can't pay your credit card bills in the US with British pounds in cash or when your online checking account access is locked until you get your new card, and you sure can't get a mobile phone here without a checking account! Arg!!!!
I knew I would experience some sort of f-up like this; I was warned. But I can still be baffled and frustrated at complete idiocy. It would be one thing if the process were just s-l-o-w, where you understood that there would be three steps and they would each take a week, for example. But here, they say "do this" and you do, and it disappears into a black hole until you follow up, and realize that that wasn't even what you were supposed to do in the first place. If I were wealthy, I would hire people to set all this up for me. Any volunteers?
Monday, October 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment