The weekend in review:
Thursday night: drinks at Steam Wine Bar with work
Friday night: dinner at Belgo Centraal in Covent Garden
Saturday night: dinner at Busaba Eathai in Soho
Sunday afternoon: planned drinks at the White House to listen to a friend's brother DJ
Unfortunately, the food at Busaba did not, shall we say, sit well with me, which is why I am up at 4am (oops, I mean 3am - change your clocks!) hoping to keep down this peppermint tea I'm sipping on. And before any of you wag your finger at me, believe me, this is not alcohol-related. I only had two glasses of white wine tonight, and was soberly home early. This is my second time eating at Busaba, and it's a great deal for London, so I'm disappointed that I won't be going back for awhile.
I am productively using my nocturnal disruption to discover some neat travel web sites. For any of you still needing to book holiday travel, check out Farecast. It's a robust search engine for (U.S. domestic only) fares, providing analytics and the most customized searching I've ever seen. If your planned itinerary is within 90 days, it displays a graph of the projected ups and downs of the fares and helps you decide whether to buy or wait. But even if your itinerary is farther than 90 days out, there is so much flexibility on searching for airlines, times, price ranges, and number of stops.
When I double-checked a few sample itineraries against the prices that Mobissimo and other similar sites provide, Farecast was on target, if not lower with it's fares. It's a shame that the site doesn't have international itineraries. And while I am on the topic of travel tips, I'll share with you the consultant's secret: Seatguru. You enter the airline and plane you are flying (which you can see when you are in the middle of booking online flights and about to choose your setas) and it displays a seat map with tips on good and bad seats.
Alright, my stomach is settled and I'm back to feeling tired and ready for sleep. At least I get that 'extra' hour tonight, and it's a Saturday.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I haven't been to Wagamama yet, but I am sure I will. They are everywhere. It is somewhat disheartening that every time I've heard of/tried a restaurant 'in town' I find out there is another location closer to my house in Clapham. But I suppose, that's why people live there - you don't have to go into town and you can stay close to your house.
Post a Comment