I am feeling better, as you may be able to tell because I haven't posted in the past few days to complain about how I'm staying in yet another night. I am in the swing of a very busy professional and social week. Sunday I met up with a friend for lunch, and it ended up being an all day affair. He showed me around Hampstead, including Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill, Camden Town, and Soho.
Monday was my first day at the client in Canary Wharf, and already I'm creating deliverables and well into providing input and opinions. So much for any ramp up time! My commute is about an hour each way, which is longer than I'd like, but not unusual for London. I only switch trains once at the London Bridge Station, but the first bit on the Northern Line up from Clapham takes about 20 minutes, the second leg on the Jubilee Line takes at least 10 minutes, and there is about 5-10 minute walking time on either end, plus waiting and transfer time.
I went to a friend's last night in South Hampstead for a dinner get together. She lives on a very nice street of old (Victorian?) style buildings that probably used to be large homes, but are now subdivided into several flats. She prepared a lovely squash soup, homemade lasagna, and green salad, and we all chatted about work, living in London, and where we are going to travel to next (for me, Paris and Dublin - possible weekend trips at the end of November).
Today is Tuesday, and I have drinks with one friend at 6:30pm and dinner plans with another at 7:45pm. I also have social plans Wednesday and Thursday night AND a work dinner/comedy show/drinks on Friday. Thankfully I don't have any weekend plans yet - I think I will be recovering.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, girlfriend, you've done a lot in the past few days! GLAD you finally got that darned card - and hope all the other snafus fix themselves soon. Hugs! - k
Post a Comment