On Friday, I was able to meet several people in the London practice at the monthly meeting and then drinks to follow. The group seems top-notch, and by the level of banter between colleagues, and good questions by several of them during the vendor presentation, I think that this move to the London office will be good both personally and professionally. There are even more expats than I thought. Within the 20 people I have met so far out of a practice the size of 50, I have already met 4 Americans, 2 Australians, and 2 Canadians.
We went to a bar called Agenda, and I stayed longer than I thought. I had some plans to join some other friends for dinner but didn't make it due to losing track of time, and then not having the contact details to call. It's not like me to be a no-show; that was very uncharacteristic for me.
On Saturday, I slept in, and spent the afternoon walking around, checking out my neighborhood and doing some shopping. I mainly walked around on Northcote Road in Clapham, near Clapham Junction. There is a Debenham's department store, and Marks & Spencer, and I noted several wine merchants and good looking restaurants that I am looking forward to exploring. Some of the ones I remember are: Pitcher & Piano, the Holy Drinker, the Fine Line, and Babel.
Tomorrow morning (drum roll....) I finally move into my flat! I chatted with Jody, my flatmate today, and since he will be up early to watch a Formula One race, I will just give him a call when I'm packed up here, and he'll walk over and help me carry my stuff. How nice! After lugging all my bags between airports, trains, and across sidewalks all by myself, just having someone offer to help me with this last bit really means a lot. Here's to a new chapter in my life living in London - cheers!
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment