Wednesday, September 28, 2005

It's my birthday!

I've been having a wonderful time at home this week, and to top it all off, today is my birthday! I'm fairly well adjusted back to the West Coast time change, if being up before 7am on my vacation can be considered adjusted. Straight from the airport on Saturday afternoon, I drove to Ocean Beach and had lunch at the Beach Chalet; the rest of the day was spent trying to stay awake until at least 8pm (I almost made it). My parents flew up for the weekend from the OC, and we lived it up San Francisco style--breakfast at the Cliff House on Ocean Beach, lunch at Horizons in Sausalito, dinner downtown with my brother and his wife, and a full day of wine tasting in the Russian River Valley, where we stopped at 4 tasting rooms and enoyed a fabulous lunch at Zin restaurant in Healdsburg. Yesterday I treated myself to a morning at the salon, and an afternoon shopping spree downtown, ending the day with an excellent sushi dinner in the city. And all this before my actual birthday! Life is so good.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad you are having so much fun. I am stuck at my desk and very envious.

I just about choked when I read "my brother and his wife." I mean, I knew Jon got married and all (Congrats, Jon!), but that just made him sound so grown up. Made me feel old.

Elizabeth said...

PS: I meant to add that I couldn't find a greeting card with phallic symbols that I hadn't already sent to you or received from you. I apologize, but blame Hallmark. They really need to work on their improving their selection.

Anonymous said...

If its any consolation, it sorta gave me pause as well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...only a little late. :-) Sounds like you've been in heaven the last few days. The Bay Area does come close. Can't wait to be back there someday myself. Keep enjoying it!