Saturday, September 10, 2005

Rain, rain, go away...

It's raining here in Mumbai...again, just like it was the day before, and the day before that. Funnily enough, I've only used my umbrella about 3 times, and I've never used my parka (mostly because it's never made it out of my hotel room). Being shuttled to and from the hotel and the client, there isn't too much need for one on a daily basis, but I usually have it with me, just in case.

I've recently realized that about the time I leave Mumbai and go back home at the end of the project, it will be the beginning of the rainy season in SF. So, I go from humid rain, to foggy/windy/cold rain - excellent. I hear rumors that it doesn't rain here in October and November, but I think those are on par with the rumors that summer is actually a good time to visit San Francisco. ;)

It also means I go from wearing flip-flops, lightweight pants, and cotton shirts to wearing lined wool pants, boots, and sweaters. I actually love wearing winter clothes, so I'm excited. Although I won't love having to dress up for work every day, compared to the casual dress code here. Yesterday I got away with wearing sparkly flip-flops, tan drawstring pants, and a cotton button up shirt. I also don't have to fuss with my hair here - there's no point with the humidity. Basically, I get ready in 20 minutes (shower and everything).

It's Saturday night at the moment, and we'll be leaving work soon (yes, I work on Saturdays here for any of you who may have missed that detail). We are DEFINITELY going out tonight to make the most of our one night a week where we don't have to be anywhere the next day. We'll see where the night takes us...

No comments: