Yesterday I wore the Indian churidar and dupatta outfit I purchases last weekend, and I got a lot of (positive) attention. I got loads of compliments from my team members and client contacts here., although the two comments I appreciated the most were from my breakfast waiter and another woman who works on my floor.
After two months of living at the hotel, one of the breakfast waiters finally knows my order perfectly. As soon as I step into the restaurant, and before I sit down at one of my usual tables, he starts my English Breakfast tea with steamed milk and two fried eggs, well done, served on top of two pieces of white toast and a side of tomatoes and potatoes. Yesterday morning, when he served my food, he was smiling and said “Looking good, Miss Christie.” That was awesome.
At work, a woman on my floor who I’ve never spoken to before, came up to my cube to compliment me on my outfit and chat for a bit. She knew my name already (because I stick out, I think everyone knows who I am), and was really nice, and gave me advice on where to buy more clothes. She also complimented me on my matching shoes (sparkly flip flops – it’s so awesome to dress so casually and differently for work here). It felt really good that she complimented me and talked to me because no one else here has ever introduced themselves to me or chatted with me unless I work with them directly. It’s like, now I’m “in” J
This weekend, I’m off to Goa. It will most likely be raining, but who cares. It’s two days off work, somewhere different than Mumbai, and it should have good nightlife at least. Postings and pictures to follow…
Friday, September 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well done, Christie. Now work on convincing everyone that you're actually a native of India, born into an obscure, lost tribe where everyone has blonde hair and American accents.
Hmnn, is that supposed to be a subtle hint for all potential future suitors? The prefered Christie breakfast? I think I'll have to add that to my notes. :P
BTW: I do know an awesome breakfast place in Laguna if you're ever down in the OC again.
Yes, I will make it to the OC again, but not until Christmas. I really wish India would play "The OC" on TV - that would be awesome! (and sad, really really sad - haha)
Post a Comment