Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rainy Day at the Spa

I couldn't have timed it better. The day I chose to have 4 hours of spa treatments split between the morning and afternoon just so happened to coincide with the freak thunderstorm in Tamarindo. I woke up to sheets of rain in the middle of the night and early this morning, and it continued throughout the day, temporarily flooding the streets. I would have taken a picture if I wasn't spending so much time trying to stay dry.

So instead of bemoaning a stolen day of sunshine at the end of my trip, I spent the day at Coco Spa where I had made appointments earlier in the week.

To round out my Costa Rica relaxation holiday, I treated myself to a facial, bikini wax, 1 hour massage, 1 hour body exfoliation scrub and spa pedicure. And then I went to yoga in the evening, the first time I have been able (i.e. not too sore) to do yoga two days in a row!

After a light dinner of 1/2 a casado con pescado (fish), saving the rest for lunch tomorrow, I have enjoyed a few hours of Internet time and will now head back to my room to pack up and head to bed early. I leave tomorrow afternoon for San Jose, where I will spend two nights in a hostel before flying back to London on Wednesday. My next post will be a Costa Rica retrospect.

No comments: