Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Snow Patrol and U2 in Boston!

I have only been back in the US for 24 hours and I had such a fantastic welcome home and early 30th birthday surprise from my best friend Brea: We went to see U2 in concert, with Snow Patrol opening! They are playing here in Boston at the moment at the Patriots stadium and I was completely surprised. I only knew that we were doing something casual, outside, in the evening. I didn't even know U2 was touring in the US right now (the rock I have been living under is called England) and to see Snow Patrol was such an added bonus as I *really* like them.

The Pats stadium was fairly packed, and as the title of the tour suggests, there was a 360 degree stage. It incidentally looked like a spaceship, but the neat part was the round 360 degree screen. Here are a few pics:

Brea and I after finding our awesome seats

Snow Patrol!

The 360 degree screen expanding downwards

Bono. He's still so cool. Although the Edge is just as awesome as ever too!

A view of the crowd to one side of the stage

We had a fantastic night, I had my first beer in the US (a Sam Adams! When in Rome...) and we got takeout dinner from Boloco, one of my favourite Boston cheap eatery chains. Thank you Brea for managing to surprise me and with something so nice!

Here is the playlist they sang. They sang quite a few songs from their new album, but plenty of classics as well:

Magnificent
No Line on the Horizon
Get on Your Boots
Mysterious Ways
Still Haven't Found
Elevation
Your Blue Room
Beautiful Day
Unknown Caller
Until the End of The World
Stay
The Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy - Remix
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On
One
Streets

Ultraviolet
With or Without You
Moment of Surrender

1 comment:

Kate said...

Awesome! Welcome back stateside, ol' woman! (and happy birthday, of course - it's all up-n-up from here).

U2 rocks (uh, literally, duh...) - thanks for sharing! :) K