Monday, September 14, 2009

3 year anniversary

Sept 14 - It was on Sept 14 three years ago that I arrived in the UK with my fresh work visa and loads of heavy suitcases to begin my European adventures.

Sept 14 is also the day that most Brits start using their heating every year, and today was right on schedule. It was the first day that I used a scarf and gloves for the morning and late evening walk home.

Here comes a new season of the year and season of my life!

Incidentally, one of the London free newspapers, The London Paper (happens to be my favourite over London Lite), launched on 4 September 2006 and it's last distribution will be this Friday 18 September. So, in a decade from now when speaking to Brits about my time in the UK I can be like "Do you remember when the London Paper was running? That's when I lived there."

Here comes a new season of the year and season of my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!