Saturday, September 05, 2009

Dinner parties make me happy

The PRINCE2 test went well (I will get results back in a week), but for now, it is time to party and enjoy my last 2 weeks in London. So tonight I had good friends Colin, Becky and Dylan over for a dinner party. I enjoyed a relaxing day of dinner party and house prep, and served the following menu:

Starter:
Main:
Dessert:
Everything worked well together, and I enjoyed the opportunity to open the 1999 champagne amongst appreciative guests! The bacon-wrapped shrimp were excellent as was the mushroom risotto. As for the cabbage salad, it was a very tasty way to serve my leftover red cabbage, so I was surprised with the result!


I also rearranged the living room to make it more comfortable for guests to interact (not the bit pictured above), and I will leave it as is to see Victoria's reaction when she returns from her weekend away! I have a fun filled week ahead with social plans every night! Let the (good-bye) festivities begin!

No comments: