Sunday, September 13, 2009

Countdown 7 days

The days are flying as my departure date approaches. I have started to work remotely for a US client so I am actually working as well!

Over the past week I have had dinners and lunches with former colleagues and flatmates, and I met up with Minal, my friend from Mumbai, on Friday night. The last time we saw each other was in Greece last year, and it was great to see her again!


On Saturday, Victoria and I hosted a dinner party for 7 people. We were too busy pouring wine, cooking, and hosting once the party got started, but I did get a photo of our festive table before everyone arrived! We drank 7 bottles of wine in an attempt to work through my recently acquired UK wine collection: 2 bottles of Australian sparkling, 2 bottles of different Spanish Albarinos, a South African Viognier and 2 bottles of Australian Chardonnays.

I spent today working (to make up for the fact that I had too many social plans on Friday to get much done then!) But Victoria and I took a 2 mile walk in the early evening and we collected several wild blackberries and elderberries along the way! The blackberries are being frozen for a future berry crumble, with a few set aside for my porridge this week, and Victoria made the elderberries into a cordial this evening. Very domestic!

This coming week will be the reality check on me leaving, but somehow I don't think it will really hit me until just before I leave, or maybe not even until I am back in the US. I won't be properly packing until Friday, and in the meantime, it's business and social calendar as usual!

Tomorrow night, I am seeing a stage production of Breakfast at Tiffany's to start off the week!

No comments: