As I walked down Moorgate street towards Bank this morning, I caught a glimpse of the Royal Bank of England building with the Gherkin peeping up behind it, I thought, I will be back. I have to come back. This city is just too much fun.
I am sitting here in one of my London office space locations, working on a spreadsheet my client sent me, thinking about how odd it is that I am working on Friday afternoon in London and will be picking up the work on Monday morning in Boston, surrounded my all my necessary personal belongings that would allow me to: a. stay in Boston indefinitely, b. get back on a flight back to the UK, or c. continue to fly out to California the following week. I still plan on going through with option c, but it is nice to feel like there are options... :)
Tonight I am going to dinner at the Kensington Wine Rooms, a place in Notting Hill I have wanted to try for awhile. Tomorrow, I really do have to pack. I mean it this time! And tomorrow night, friends are meeting up with me at the Bull pub in Islington for a proper pub night before I fly back to the US on Sunday afternoon.
Let the birthday festivities begin! (we will just forget the 'leaving drinks' part of it all....)
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment