Saturday, January 13, 2007

Quick update

I can't believe I haven't posted for several days. For some reason, I just hoped and assumed that my thoughts and activities would magically appear on my blog! Since even Apple hasn't figured out how to make that trick work, here I go.

I went running the first two weeknights and made last minute plans to have a friend over for dinner on Wednesday (steak, salad, green beans, a bottle of CA Cabernet Sauvignon (Eleeza, this is the bottle you gave me for Christmas over a year ago!), and a bottle of Baileys). Thursday night I went out to work drinks in Canary Wharf, and then went to check out a flat in Fulham. I loved the flat and hope I get the room, but even if I don't, I am seeing another place on Monday night in West Kensington. If you recognize the names of these neighborhoods, it's because they are consodered a notch up on the posh scale from Clapham, which is still in a decidedly enviable post code.

Friday night was work drinks at Agenda, with a temporary newcomer to the group. Lisa, a friend and coworker from San Francisco is visiting me for the weekend. From Agenda, we head out to the Langley in Covent Garden to celebrate another friend's birthday, stopping to nosh on a Marks & Spencer sandwich on the street before heading into the bar for more alcohol on a not empty, but not quite satisfied, stomach. The Langley was packed, and we chatted with a few cool people in the group before realising that we just weren't in the mood for the loud, crowded, night out. We head back towards the tube and then made a last minute duck into a wine bar in Leicester Square. This place was much more our speed and was our first opportunity to really catch up on boys, work, and life since she arrived on Thursday night.

We've slept in this morning, but the plan for the rest of the weekend is walking around in Notting Hill and maybe some shopping on King's Road before dinner (tbd) and drinks tonight. I think I'll show her around Clapham to keep it local. Tomorrow we are planning on Sunday roast at a pub up in West Hampstead, which really, is an all day activity. If the weather holds out, we might walk around Hampstead Heath as well.

On a more personal note, I have lots of things on my mind lately - promotion at work, client-related responsibilities, searching for a new flat, figuring out my taxes, finding a doctor, sorting out other financial mishaps by various institutions I have accounts with, and going through the normal process of figuring out guys and the dating scene. So on top of all my physical activities, my brain is on overdrive as well. I wake up in the mornings, and I'm already thinking about all these things before I even realize it.

3 comments:

eva said...

1. I can't believe you hadn't drunk that wine.

and 2. Consequently you took it with you to LONDON?

You crazy.

S. said...

Oh Christie! I do love London and I love thinking of you enjoying it there. It sounds like you're all better from your run in with the cold. And from all indications you had a fabulous New Years! I hope you celebrated a little extra for me since I was on call for most of the holidays. Alas. Someday I will have a life again. Speaking of which, I know what it means to have your brain on overdrive. I feel like I live there. I usually forget how to slow down even when I'm allowed to! And I am considering coming to London in March! Will you be around? It is in the thinking stages, but I do have vacation the second couple weeks of March and it would be fun to see you and see what will by then been your fresh new flat.

Thinking of you more often than I write...really!

:-) Shawna

Kate said...

Had some crackers bought @ Whole Foods and thought fondly of you. Awesome to continue reading. Glad you didn't get (too) lost when running - and that you finally drank the wine.
When you're here next we're headed to wineries together - I get great discounts @ a few of them, b/c they're SOLAR customers of ours! :)
In similar news: to extend my environmental creds, we bought a Prius. LOVE it. Especially as I'm zooming down the Carpool lanes in heavy rush hour traffic, as everyone else sits at the Bay Bridge. :) HUGS from here! - K