Inspired by a Christmas card from a friend (thanks Marisa!) I felt like I wanted to briefly recap last year. Thankfully I have this blog as a reference. But more importantly, I do feel like I accomplished a lot last year. Looking back on 2006, here are what I remember as the highlights:
JAN- Relieved to be back in the US after six months of India, I started to have a normal life for the first time in years (no work travel every week), including having friends over for dinner on weeknights and trying to snowboard for the first time. I flew to Boston with Brea for a weekend which resulted in her moving there 6 months later.
FEB - I got into an SUV accident in Tahoe (no injuries and it was a rental), and survived a week and a half of consultant 'training' in Atlanta and Chicago.
MAR - Another Tahoe weekend, started French classes again, and attended my company 'prom'.
APR - Flew home for Easter with the family and lamented the endless rain in SF.
MAY - Tried to salsa dance, went wine tasting in Calistoga, took a vacation to London and Paris and decided I would move out of the Presidio and to a new neighborhood in San Francisco.
JUN - Two weeks later I changed my decision to wanting to move to London instead.
JUL - Went to Boston for the 4th of July, organised a limo to take my friends and I wine tasting in Napa, and took a weekend trip to New York City to see friends from Irvine and India.
AUG - Partied like no other month, put off packing (well, by my standards) and was extremely stressed out. Said stress was relieved by two or three emotional breakdowns in the company of good friends.
SEP - All in the same month I received my work permit and visa, flew to the UK, traveled for two weeks to Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia and Italy and had my wallet stolen on my birthday.
OCT - I started work in the UK and moved into my flat in Clapham.
NOV - Made several trips to Argos to buy household stuff, spent a weekend in Madrid and Thanksgiving in London.
DEC - Worked on the weekends and prepared for Christmas in California. Was sick with a cold over Christmas break (the 4th bout of a similar malady since leaving the US in September). Spent New Years Eve in London amidst thousands of other people on the Strand and a few good friends.
And here I am...starting a new year in London, looking forward to what this year will bring.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment