Saturday, December 09, 2006

Rest and nest

I'm not feeling 100%, but I am getting better. Another 11 hours of sleep last night, and I was ready to face the day of...laying in bed reading 'the paper' (online with my laptop and cuppa tea). I ventured out to Argos for what is now my bi-monthly trip. It was nice to be out and about during the brief daylight hours. I enjoyed the 30 minute walk, but it also made me realise that I'm not all the way better. This time I purchased more sheets, another duvet cover, coffee maker, blender, clothes air dryer, shower curtain, and a hair dryer. I think everything was a good purchase except for the coffee maker.

I opted for the £4.99 cheap-o version thinking, well, as long as it works....it sorta does. The spring-coiled bit that drips the coffee into the carafe seems to stick out too far, and if you try to put the carafe back onto the base, you have to manually push the plastic piece back up a bit, otherwise you'd probably break it. This will get annoying real fast, but it can't be as annoying as drinking instant coffee, which is what I've been doing for the last 2 months when I've wanted something stronger than tea in the morning. This will go on the list of things to replace when I get around to it and have the time/money to investigate what I really want.

Other activities today include cooking, cleaning the bathroom, backing up all my computer files, and doing several loads of laundry. It doesn't sound exciting, but it's all I am in the mood to do anyway. I'm going to have a very busy week and a half ahead of me, with several social engagements next weekend, so this is really my last day to just rest and nest before I go home for Christmas (12 days to go!)

2 comments:

Kate said...

The over-working thing has me worried about you. Have you been to a doc to rule out big/nasty diseases like mono?
Raining cats-n-dogs here in SF, so you're not missing much this weekend...except us who miss you! - K

Christie said...

Thanks for the concern Kate. I have thought about that actually. Here, they call mono 'glandular fever' and there have been articles about it in some of the papers. I'm not sure it's what I have though, but I'll keep my eye on it. I'm still not 'registered' with a doctor here, which I need to do, among other administrative health/tax tasks....