I had another Thanksgiving meal tonight with American (and British, Australian and Irish) friends. I had a wonderful time, and here is what I am thankful for:
1. Friends in a new country who befriend me!
2. The fact that wine and champagne are still the same from country to country
3. Turkeys are just as good when cooked on a barbeque in a London backyard
4. Having 'specialties' like pumpkin pie in the UK (with pie filling brought from the US) makes them all the more special
5. The more I travel and move around, the more I meet interesting and inspiring people. It's humbling.
And on a more serious note:
1. The fact that my bonds with my friends and family don't get any weaker while I'm away
2. Learning more about who I am is actually easier the more removed you are from your comfortable environments
3. I look forward to going home more than ever before
And on a practical note, work is the same whether I am in India, the US, or the UK...meaning I am working this weekend. The work must get done! (Seems to be a common theme around the world).
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment