Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Heading home for Christmas

I will be on the plane back to California in 24 hours and I still haven't packed! Eek! I have sorted out what clothes I'm bringing, but just haven't got as far as putting them, and presents, and other odds and ends IN the bags. That shouldn't take too long though. I have just been so busy lately in a very good way.

Last weekend I went to a work party on Friday night with a James Bond theme (guys in tuxes, girls in formals). Saturday I went ice skating and then pub crawling in Greenwich along the Thames, and Sunday I socialised with friends, including hosting an American traveller who I had met in Salzburg as she flies back through London.

Then on Monday I had an amazing work dinner at Gaucho Grill, complete with ceviche, more seafood, whiskey and ice cream, port and even a cigar! Tuesday night was also work drinks, but just a local pub thing where I managed to get myself the most expensive drink out of the team. I kept ordering Kir Royales, but since I was the organiser, I figured that was fair. I have dinner plans and packing plans tonight, and then I'm home!

No comments: