I just thought I'd share with everyone how happy I was to discover today that about 100 London restaurants also use OpenTable for reservations (which translates into more points for me!) This is very exciting. What's also very exciting is that the restaurant I went to on Sunday night was a 1,000 bonus point OpenTable reservation - yay! I've also been researching the expat tax laws, and I think I'll be ok. Need to find a creative CPA to help ensure that though :)
I'm in Boston this weekend with Brea, and on Saturday we went to to Singing Beach in Manchester-by-the-Sea, an adorable quaint town with a beautiful beach. On Saturday night, we cooked at home and watched "Mean Girls", which was followed by reminiscing and perusing our senior year high school yearbook. Sunday was scrambled eggs and ham with canteloupe for brunch, shopping at Copley Center, church at Park Street, and dinner at a French-Cambodian restuarant.
Monday we made breakfast again, pancakes with strawberries, bananas, and cool whip, and took the T into down. We exited at Arlington, at the corner of Boston Common and Boylston, and we shopped our way down Newbury to Petit Robert for dinner. As far as we know, this restaurant is not connected with the one in SF, but it was French bistro food, and overall, excellent! particularly because Brea found one of her favorite beers on the menu - Lambic Framboise. We went back to the Loews at Boylston afterwards to watch "The Devil Wears Prada" which was more entertaining than I expected.
On Tuesday, I slept in past 11am for the 4th day in a row, and then we went grocery shopping, Brea gave me a facial using her recently acquired skills and training as an esthetician, and we made ultra cute lemon bars decorated as American Flags for the BBQ we went to that night. It had rained in spurts throughout the day, but the weather was fine after 7pm, so our plans for a rooftop BBQ and fireworks-watching from a friend's Back Bay apartment were still doable. The weather was nice and warm, there was good company, and an amazing view of the fireworks over the Charles River. I had several beers, hot dogs, and an ice cream bar - everything that a 4th of July is all about.
Wednesday was going to be an uneventful early flight home, but due to overbooked flights, I volunteered myself to take the afernoon flight. My compensation for being so flexible is a guaranteed FIRST class seat on the 2:35pm flight, access to the Admiral Club lounge for the day with free Internet (meaning I can still work 1/2 the day), and a $300 American Airlines voucher. All good things, and all worth hanging around an extra 6 hours. The voucher will be useful for my future international traveling plans, making what seem to be ultra-expensive intercontinental flights (even when booked months in advance) more reasonable.
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment