Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tickets are purchased!

Things with London are continuing to move forward, but for various reasons, I wasn't feeling comfortable about actually purchasing the ticket yet. After researching several creative options (one ways, round trips, using miles, etc), I've decided on a multiple-destination itinerary for LAX-LHR in September and LHR-LAX-LHR in December for Christmas. For a resonable price, I have combined essentially two trips into one, and I have direct/non-stops, and all on a major airline. (read beaucoup miles and guaranteed status for next year).

I've also purchased the interim SNA-OAK round trip ticket that gets me back to SF in August after driving the moving van down to my parents house, and then flies me back to Irvine after Labor Day weekend so I can do final packing/preparation before I leave on September 12 for London!

I'm going to NYC this weekend with Brea to see high school friends, former coworkers, and my friend Kayzad from Mumbai over a spread of various bbqs, dinners, and drinks. This should be a really fun weekend, and I'm looking forward to this as my second (albeit quick) trip to NYC. After just traveling to Boston to visit Brea over the 4th of July, seeing her again in New York will be a treat and allows me to hand off all my spices to her (hey, they add up! I want someone to have them who will use them!)

Once I'm back, I can finally start to plan my two weeks of traveling in Europe before I start working on October 2. Hm....where to go? I'm thinking Prague and Vienna (+ other Austria locations), or maybe a few days in France before doing some train hopping around Spain and making it over to Portugal?

2 comments:

eva said...

Spicy lady! Don't forget a London-DC trip in the spring!

Marisa said...

have a great time ~ see you tuesday!