Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sonoma in Style

You know how some people (well, at least some people I know) extend out their birthday celebration for a month? Well, I'm throwing myself multiple "goodbye" parties along the same line of thought, which are really just excuses to do lots of fun activities with large groups of friends, on the premise that I won't see these people, or have a chance to do these things, for a long time.

To kick off the "season" as I'm now going to call it, I organized a wine tasting group for Sonoma on Saturday. We rented a limo and went to two Sonoma wineries, Cline and Ledson. At Ledson we had a private tasting arranged for us by my friend who is part of their wine club. It was fantastic. We had a private room, our own pourer, and the option to taste up to 30 different wines. We spent 2.5 hours there including buying lunch at the gourmet market deli. And it was HOT up there this weekend, about 110 degrees! We had a great group though, and everyone had fun!

I neglected to bring my memory card for my camera, so I'm relying on other friend's photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lorenzocanlas/WineTasting07_22_06
http://picasaweb.google.com/aldimail/WineTasting/

More events to come...this coming weekend, I'm going to NYC!

No comments: