I'm taking this being local thing pretty seriously--on top of mid-week dinner parties and gym workouts, I've now added French classes to the itinerary! As most of you know, I studied it at university, and lived in Nimes, France for a quarter, but I do regret not keeping up to speed with it and/or getting better after graduating. Now or never! I took those private classes in Mumbai for a few weeks, but now I'm doing 2x week classes at l'Alliance Francaise in San Francisco with a class of, get this, 3 students. It's great!
I had my first class tonight, and the time flew by so quickly. Even though I knew I was making mistakes, I had the guts to just speak anyway, and I don't know, it was such a high. Relearning a language is great though because things make sense so much quicker, and we are able to skim over some topics fairly quickly. Don't get me wrong, there is a ton I've forgotten (tonight I'm going to review responding to questions that use "toujours, deja, encore" with words like "ne...jamais, ne...plus", etc; in class tonight I kept getting them confused).
I still have a long-term goal to live/work in France at some point, and this is just a first step. It's also great to be back in the classroom! I know, I'm such a nerd. :)
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment