Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend high carryover

I'm in such a good mood today - and it's a Monday! I am still feeling the positive effects of having a nearly perfect weekend (including getting my taxes done! such a sense of accomplishment). Great weather, food, friends, wine, outdoor activities and exercise - what else is there?

I think the pivotal point of the weekend was during the Angel Island hike while I sat at the top of the mountain for about an hour, listening to the Garden State soundtrack on my iPod and overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and the city. I just soaked in the sunshine, dozed in and out, and thought through some of the things that had been bothering me lately (but I just hadn't taken the time to sit down and process). When I got up to head back down the mountain, it literally felt like I had pressed a "reset" button. I was so relaxed and completely at peace. I haven't felt that relaxed since I took my much needed vacation to the Maldives Islands after my first month in India.

Through Sunday and into today, I am still feeling the same way. It's incredible.

1 comment:

eva said...

Lucky. My day and most of my weekend sucked. But it's all good cuz this weekend it's Vegas, baby!