This weekend, there wasn’t much on the agenda, having just come back from the Taj trip, and then spending Friday and Saturday at work. Saturday night, John flew out for a trip to Vietnam (but then rerouted himself to Thailand because of bird flu outbreaks there—it would be horrible if the UK wouldn’t let him back into London because he had traveled in Vietnam). Before John’s flight, a small group of us went to the ITC Sheraton in Mumbai to eat at Pan-Asian for absolutely perfect meal: excellent French wine from Burgundy, fresh sushi, and teppanyaki with deliciously marinated beef and veggies. After John headed out to the airport, my friend Minal and I checked out Flame, a new lounge bar/restaurant at Le Meridien hotel across the road.
Flame is an outdoor poolside shisha and wine bar. The decorations include lots of pillar candles, billowly white curtains, and mellow lounge music. Very romantic! but being just two girls out on the town, we appreciated it for the opportunity to have another glass of wine and chat about work, travel, and boys. : )
On Sunday, a group of us went to the JW Marriott for brunch. It was an excellent selection of salads, desserts, and made to order eggs, sandwiches, dosas, etc. The Marriott is at Juhu beach, and the buffet area is an extension of the lobby with the back wall of the hotel being solid glass overlooking the pool/gardens, and the ocean behind it. The infiniti pool looks like it disappears into the ocean. I had been to the JW several times before, but never in the daytime. We sat there for several hours, letting food settle before we got up for more.
So, a satisfying dining experience this weekend definitely made me happy. Now I’m just getting ready to start a busy 6-day work week ahead of me. No travel plans for the next couple of weeks until Thanksgiving, when I fly to London, which I’m relly looking forward to.
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"I had been to the JW several times before, but never in the daytime."
So true, Christie. And you're welcome back to the JW anytime. Awwwwwwww yeah.
Post a Comment