Friday, November 18, 2005

European Travel Ideas?...

My roll off date is still in flux, but it will be somewhere between Friday, December 9 and Friday, December 16. Either way, I am going to extend my Frankfurt layover (because I’m flying Lufthansa) to be a least a few days and then take a train to go somewhere else in Europe, preferably France so that I can practice some of my recently relearned French.

Anyone have any particular ideas or recommendations? (France or otherwise?) I want to do this cheaply, therefore the train is best (tickets are already pretty pricey) and I’ll try to stay in hostels and similar accommodations.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

If you were interested in staying in Germany, I know someone who lives in Berlin (a college friend of one of my high school friends). I know she's hosted friends of friends before, so you could have a free place to stay.

Christie said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not really that into Germany though, and would probably only stay in Germany if there were someone I knew in Frankfurt...we'll see, but thank you again! My mom suggested the Alsace region...I'm looking into it.