On Friday, we went out to Oxford for the day. It was freezing! but a cute town to walk around. We ate lunch at a pub called the Eagle and Child which is famous for a variety of reasons, and then we browsed through Blackwell's, a well-known huge bookstore. I stopped in for a pint at the pub beteween the Blackwell's buildings, and then lost track of my friends for various reasons, mostly involving lack of cell phone reception. Didn't have a chance to tour any of the universities there, but did see Trinity from the outside. Probably worth a day trip out there some other day when the weather is sligthly better.
Friday night though, John and I had a fantastic dinner at Windows of the World on top of the Hilton Hotel with, as you would expect, views of London. There was a live jazz band, and a delicious fixed price menu with wine pairings. I was in heaven. The food was amazing, we were lucky to get a booking because of a last minute cancellation, and it was an awesome night out. Every course was superb. I'll post more about the menu later...
Monday, November 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment