It’s nice to know that people are reading my blog on a regular basis; at least I feel more connected to everyone even though I am so busy, so far away, and have the time change that makes phone calls difficult. Thank you to those of you who sent emails of encouragement in the last 24 hours. I just received them all this morning when I arrived to work, and it helps a lot. : )
Last night, instead of working back at the hotel as I had planned (or really should have done to meet my deadlines), I went out to dinner with some of my coworkers. We had the usual experience of the driver getting lost and not being able to find the place because there are no street signs here. But, once we found it and sat down (about an hour after leaving the hotel to go maybe a few kilometers), things were looking up. They had these really nice hookas with various flavors (apple, lemon, strawberry, etc) that you can have before your meal, and the food was excellent as well. It was an outdoor restaurant, so it was pretty darn hot, but it was so nice to not be in the office, have some decent food (albeit it Indian), and have a few laughs with coworkers. The past few days after coming back to Dubai I had pretty much been a robot on autopilot, and last night was a helpful reset. But today, back at the office, it starts all over again! Here I go, wind me up…
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment