I'm generally very happy with the new hotel so far. Despite the fact that our rooms weren't ready when we got there, and they tried to put me in a smoking, twin-bed room, everything else is fabulous. While I was waiting for my preferred room to become available, I lay out by the pool for about an hour (it's been sunny since I've been back! although very, very hot). When I closed my eyes as I lay there sweating on the lounge chair, if I went to my "happy place" I could *almost* pretend I was in the Maldives...almost.
When I left the pool to wander around inside the hotel, I came across the health spa/gym, took a tour, and decided to get a massage on the spot when I saw how cheap the prices were. My one hour massage was only $30 after tax and tip. That's at least 1/3 the cost of the equivalent in the States, and I don't have to leave the hotel. This very well might become a regular activity for me.
I finally was able to get the room I wanted (more or less, it's by the elevators - boo) around 5pm, and I spent the next hour unpacking my three (yes, three) suitcases. This hotel has more of a colonial style than the modern style of the Grand Hyatt, which means that the bathrooms are sort of girly, with a separate vanity area and everything. I think it's great! After getting all "moved in" I had dinner with a few coworkers at the restaurant downstairs. We all commiserated about gaining weight on the project so far, and made a pact to go to the gym regularly and eat healthier (and drink less), at least Monday-Friday. I'm exempt from going to the gym for now though, since I've come down with a bad cold since Sunday morning.
It's Monday morning at the moment, and I'm staying home for the day. I hate being sick, but I'd rather have the run of the mill cold than some of the other ailments my coworkers have experienced, such as salmonella poisoning. If I were in a more normal situation, I would have gone to the office for at least a little while, but here it’s just too complicated and exhausting—having to share drivers and sit through an hour-plus bumpy commute each way, plus at the client site, there’s no where to relax if I just needed to rest for awhile. So, today I will sleep, drink lots of water, and hope to get better soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Does this hotel understand the importance of providing an iron?
Thanks for asking! Well, there wasn't one already in the room, but when I requested one from housekeeping it was delivered right away. The guy looked at me sort of weird when I explained to him that I want to keep it in my room for a few weeks, but that was a few days ago, and I haven't had housekeeping clean my room since then, so we'll see if they take it back. :)
When you ask them to come clean your room you should hide it, so they can't take it away. Or leave it in a weird spot, so they wonder what you've been doing with it. Unfortunately, I can't think of any suggestions for weird spots, except maybe tucking the ironing board into bed. Jeff might have ideas, though.
was the massage as, umm, "friendly", as the last one you got?
This massage was much more, um, professional, shall we say? It felt like a proper spa and I thoroughly enjoyed it - thanks for asking. :)
Post a Comment