Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Early Christmas in Boston

I have spent the past week in Boston visiting Brea and Nathan, kicking off the Christmas season with holiday-themed events and an early opening of some Christmas presents! We helped decorate their church, Hope Fellowship, for Christmas; we helped at a Christmas Tree Giveaway at Hope, a Saturday morning event that included a petting zoo with a donkey, goats, sheep and an alpaca!; we went to see the Nutcracker by the Boston Ballet at the Opera House; and I was able to celebrate an early birthday with my cousin Sydney who attends university at Emerson in Boston and turns 20 this weekend. Also, it snowed on Saturday night! The snow was beautiful and the first real snow of the winter here this year.


Me, Nathan and Brea at the Nutcracker


Boston Opera House stage and theater


Me and my presents! A foodie traveler kit (small amounts of lots of spices), an "I Love Spreadsheets" sweatshirt for me to wear when I work from home, and a hand held luggage scale to make sure I don't go over the weight limit when I travel (always a risk!)

As always, I love my Boston trips, both when it is warm and cold outside. Incidentally, I have spent over a month in Boston in 2009, mostly because of Brea's wedding earlier this year and because I use it as a stopover to/from London.

I am back to SF tomorrow for a week and then down in Orange County through Christmas!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

You all look so gorgeous at the Christmas dinner! Loving the 'I Love Spreadsheets' jumper too - brilliant.