Last weekend, I went to the Shoreditch Music Festival with some friends, and I felt very old and conservative, which is ok with me. I certainly don't feel the need to wear mismatched clothes or dress like it's a different decade....Oh, that's called fashion? Fine by me. I have never aspired to be a trend setter. Much more my speed was seeing the Wales Orchestra perform at Royal Albert Hall that same evening as part of the BBC Proms series this summer. We got standing room only tickets, but for 5 GBP we were 10 feet from the front of the orchestra. Royal Albert Hall is beautiful and I really enjoyed the performance.
I spent several days at home this week, but I still managed to get out to Windsor for dinner with my friend John, and to London on Friday for some office time and to meet up with Vinnie and his friend Rocky for dinner at Busaba Thai in Soho. On Saturday we all went to the Greenwich Observatory to put one foot in each hemisphere at 00 00 Meridian, had a pub lunch and then into London for shopping on Regents Street and dinner at french restaurant Cafe Rouge.
The upcoming week will be busy. I am going to the theatre twice (Oliver! the musical and Waiting for Godot), I have a few networking meetings, social dinner plans, some planned runs, and oh yes, some professiona development and job search activities. Should be fun!

1 comment:
Speedwork! Force yourself to go to a track (or definable distance) and sprint 100M then jog, sprint then jog. That, NikeWomen downloadable programs to track, and running with others (local trainer-shoe-shop has a running group, perhaps?) should help... you GO GIRL! :) K
Post a Comment