Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another flight booked...

This isn't the most exciting flight I've booked for my LOA, but I have secured my flight from LHR-LAX on Thursday October 23, returning to London via Boston on Wednesday May 13, 2009. I only had to use 40,000 miles on American Airlines (and pay $145 in fees and taxes).

I'm not sure that I'll keep the date of the return portion, or even if I'll fly the whole leg. With miles, you can move the date and time of the itinerary, as long as the airports and connections don't change (and as long as there are seats available for the same mileage level).

My options for the return flight are:
  1. Fly back to London to see friends or to take the Eurostar over to France for french courses and travel
  2. Move the date to later in the summer once I know when I actually do want to return to the UK (pending availability of seats for such low mileage redemption)
  3. Take only carry on luggage and disembark at Boston instead of continuing on to London. Visit Brea for a currently undetermined length of time, and then sort out the tickets back to London and/or California later

All pretty good options if you ask me! Incidentally, I've already spent $2,000 on my LOA flights so far, but that includes going to Vienna from London in October, going to Costa Rica in November, going to Fiji/New Zealand in January and this flight just booked today. I'm doing pretty well so far!

Oh, and this also means that I know when my "Bon Voyage" party in London will be. Mark your calendars for Saturday night, October 18!

No comments: