Here's why: 3 months of work for a team of 3 people = 240 pages of over 200 business requirements to design a complex solution to improve customer experience and security for a major UK-based Telecommunications company. It was due Monday, which turned into Tuesday and I guess now, technically, it's Wednesday. But we are sending it out....almost there. I've worked about 1 day/weekend for the past month along with long hours during the week to get this thing done, and now I'm emailing out to a distribution list of over 100 people.
It's 1 am though, and I'm still near Heathrow (a 1 hour cab ride home) at the client site, waiting for the files to be finalised by a coworker. Tomorrow we get a bit of a break -- we are doing a charity day and painting some rooms at a children's center along with doing some pruning of gardens. It will be a short day and then we'll head to the pub...ah......
For now, I'll just hope that I don't call put Julian's name on Amanda's email and make an idiot of myself as I email the high-ranking Approvers. And I'll also hope that the cab driver tonight doesn't have to use satellite navigation to get into London, with annoying directions being barked out of the handheld device while I try to sleep. Those things really work me up. I can't stand them, especially in taxis.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dittos on the GPS nav devices. I have a rule - either know where you're going or get lost. You meet interesting people when lost, especially in foreign lands.
Taxis should never need them - they are supposed to know where their going......
Post a Comment