Sunday, October 21, 2007

Changing seasons

Here's how I know it's fall, and why I'm resigned to no chance of an Indian summer in October:
  • Over the past few weeks I have started to wear a scarf in the morning
  • On Friday I wore a full coat to the office
  • Most mornings I can see my breath in the air
  • During my run on Saturday, I was crunching through leaves on the paths up to Wimbledon Village
  • Tonight we turned the heat on for the first time
  • All I've eaten today is an English fry up for breakfast (eggs, tomatoes, sausage, bacon) and curried carrot soup for dinner, with cups of herbal tea in between. If that's not winter comfort food...

Apparently, the first day of fall was September 23 but given that I've had beach parties in California for my birthday at the end of September before, this seems a bit early. I'm ok with it being fall though, even though we never really had a summer. This weekend was beautiful, sunny, crisp and cool. I'm ready to wear warm pajamas, accessorise with scarves and gloves, and look forward to roast dinners and robust red wines. Bring it on!

No comments: