Monday, July 23, 2007

Wine Tasting Update

[Email sent today to my Wine Tasting Distribution list. Posted here for any of you foreigners planning on coordinating a visit!]

I took an unexpected sabbatical from the monthly wine tastings this July and August. This was partly due to the uninspiring weather, and also because of my impending move and upcoming holidays. For those of you who don’t know, I’m moving from West Hampstead to Wimbledon in just a few weeks, so I will continue the tradition in my new locale (yes, I am coming BACK to SW London after moving from there only 5 months ago!). I’m also heading back to SF and the OC for 10 days in August to get some summer sun and see family/friends.

For those of you new to the distribution list, here is a recap of the topics so far:
April: The Basic Grapes and How to Taste
May: Rhone Valley Style Reds
June: Loire Valley Whites
And here is the evidence!

I haven’t run out of ideas yet, so expect new topics this fall. I am setting aside the following dates, so if interested, please mark your diaries. Actual invitations with details will be sent out a few weeks prior. As usual, tastings will cost between £10-15 to cover the cost of the wine/food, and as a slight change, I will be hosting them on Saturday nights to accommodate everyone’s work/travel schedules, including giving myself enough time to prep!

Saturday 29 September (ahem, my birthday is the 28, so I’m thinking a champagne tasting!)
Saturday 20 October
Saturday 10 November
[December – break for the holidays because I think we’ll all be doing enough ‘tasting’ that month!]

If you have any suggestions on themes, or if you’d like to be removed from the mailing list for whatever reason, please let me know.

Christie (*clink*)

No comments: