Week in Review
Last weekend was spent sleeping, signing up (and going!) to the gym, joining and checking out books from the library, cooking all my meals, taking lots of naps, and going to church. Monday I had a hellish commute, so nothing got done that evening, and on Tuesday I made another expedition to Whole Foods. Although, getting home at 10pm on a weeknight because of it made me realise it's probably best left to weekend shopping.
On the 4th of July, I went to a BBQ/party with the James Madison University (JMU) Alumni group in London. My friend Eve went to university there, and the 4th was also her birthday, so it was a combination party. One couple in the group are actually the house parents for a JMU semester abroad program, so the party was at the large dorm/house which had a huge patio and in the end, about 40 or so people in attendance (ALL Americans!). I met one JMU alum who actually works for my company and recognised me from Fridays at the office, another who is from San Mateo and out here for an internship, and another who is also here for a summer internship but when he goes back to DC in the fall, will be starting as an analyst at my company as well. I also secured an invite to a summer BBQ at someone's house for today, Saturday 7 July, and I'm really looking forward to going to that, especially since the weather looks vaguely promising.
On Thursday night I made it to the gym for the first time since the weekend, doing the complete routine - 10 minute warm up, weights, strength exercises, 35 minutes of cardio and stretches. It was a great workout and I felt the right amount of sore the next day that I know I am doing the right amount of weights (i.e. ridiculously low, but you have to start somewhere!) I was so tired Thursday night that I actually went to sleep at 10:30pm and was able to get a full 8 hours of sleep on a weeknight.
Friday at the office is always fun/social, but that can also mean that not as much work gets done, particularly when it's first Friday and we have internal meetings all afternoon. I also went to a lunchtime communion service at St. Paul's with a coworker, then the afternoon meetings, and of course to the bar for a few drinks afterwards. Around 8:30pm, a group of us remaining went to the Horniman Pub at London Bridge, overlooking the Thames River, because they have an outdoor patio and the weather was actually quite nice. The main motivation was so Kevin could bring his puppy, who has been stuck at home alone all week. The dog is named Sir Rufus, and he's an adorable King Charles Spaniel. So cute! I think there is a camera phone picture of him giving me kisses (the dog, not Kevin) which I will post once I get a copy.
I was home by midnight, and slept in until 12 noon today.....About to head to the gym and then go to BBQ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment