Friday, July 27, 2007

I was too weak to resist

I just booked a Eurostar ticket to go to Paris next weekend! My original plan for the summer was to not travel outside the UK other than my trip to the States in a few weeks. This was a tactical plan (close my financial gap between my credit card spending from travel in May) as well as strategic, because London is supposed to actually have nice summer weather. Obviously, this year summer has been a complete flop because of all the rain and flooding.

Anyway, the reason I'm going to Paris is because my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins from the OC will be out here for two weeks. They have a flat in central Paris and have invited me to stay with them! I can't take any time off work, but I can leave early on a Friday and arrive a bit late on a Monday. This will be my 4th trip to Paris since February, and these weekend jaunts to the continent (city breaks, they are called here) is what it's all about.

Posts and pictures from Paris to follow...I'll be there 3 August - 6 August.

No comments: