Ah, such a sense of satisfaction - a successful dinner party, and all cleaned up and going to bed around midnight. Good work Grabyan.
In truth, everyone had trains to catch and despite my running around this afternoon to hunt down plantains and dry mustard powder, thus not being as ready as I had hoped when everyone arrived, dinner was served at a reasonable 8pm and dessert finished by 10:30.
I skipped the appetizers and opted for home-brewed honey/lemon/mint iced tea and Pimm's cocktails. First course was a chicken, vegetable and coconut milk soup with wines brought by the guests (with guidance from me) - Australian Pinot Noirs, Chardonnay and a Sancerre Rose to note. The next course was homemade macaroni and cheese (*very* well received and recipes already sent to guests) with a green bean marinade salad. The wines with this course were an added Chianti Classico and Spanish Rioja. To finish, a fruit crumble (or cobbler, or crisp, we couldn't decide) made with fresh peaches, nectarines, plums and blackberries. Hard to screw up, but more laborious that I had thought or intended. No matter in the end though.
This was the last dinner party in this flat before I move to Wimbledon, and I tried to commemorate with pictures, which subsequently were lost due to a camera battery failure. (This confirms it - I am definitely buying a new camera online tomorrow).
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What's wrong with the camera?
Well, despite the fact that the memory card is only 16MB, I had charged the battery for a few hours and then used it to just take 4 pictures. While taking the last one, it said 'low battery' and then switched off. I immediately took out the memory card to upload the pictures I had taken, and only the last one (of me, by myself) was there. The group shots were gone! But since I had reviewed them while on the camera, I knew that they were saved originally.
Also, with my other camra, the Canon, I called around to see how much it would cost to buy/refit the button that popped off - the one that takes the photos - and I was quoted nearly $100! Not worth it for a camera that's 2.5 years old.
I was planning on buying a new camera back in the States sometime soon, and I've just ordered myself a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS 7.1MP Digital Elph. I can't wait to get it!
Mmm...your description makes me hungry; though I'm not really. Sounds SO good!
Yogesh has the Canon 7 MP camera that you reference, you'll love it! :)
Post a Comment