Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Here we go, again
I haven't exercised regularly for, well, months. Tonight I ran 4.5 miles in 50 minutes. That's an average of 11 minutes a mile. I am so out of shape, but I'm running in a London City 5k with a company team on 19 July, and I don't want to embarrass myself, so here I go...getting back into shape after a much too long reprieve on the metaphorical couch of inertia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I walked for an hour and 45 minutes today at a pace brisk enough that I could notice it in my breathing. It's an improvement over getting winded just walking up the hill to my house (which actually improved immensely after January 11), but I still felt a little silly climbing the escalator at the metro today and noticing that I was a little sore. But I do feel good about it, and I'm going to do more walks like those. I'm even thinking about doing the SF Women's Marathon not this fall but the next one. Want to do it with me? Well, you'll run it and I'll walk it, but we can hang out afterwards.
Hm, what's the date? It's not likely because my parents are planning their second trip out here for September 2008. I am going to SF this August and then probably next May. (Also, I still refuse to do a full marathon for physical limitation reasons; but I'd run a half marathon!). But let me know!....
This year it's in October, so I assume it will be the same in 2008. I feel a little silly planning this far in advance, but I don't want to do it until Adriana's a bit older and we're not nursing as much. I'm just sort of looking forward to getting involved with Team in Training again.
They do have a half marathon option (San Diego didn't really). The whole thing seems to be for LLS.
It would be fun if it worked out, wouldn't it? Well, maybe we could do a different one some other time.
Congrats! So, I'm 25 lbs over my pre-preggers weight; wanna be virtual-workout buddies? :-) K
Kate - it's a deal! Let's see where we can get to by my visit in mid-August....just two months and I want to lose a few kilos whilst not completely opting out of enjoying myself this summer :)
Post a Comment