Thursday, May 10, 2007

Good Find

Cheers to Arnaud and Brett from Bedales wine shop in Borough Market who supplied me with half of the wines for tomorrow night's Rhone Valley Reds tasting. Arnaud is French and the Managing Director who specialises in the Rhone Valley/South of France wines. He gave me a crash course to prep me for my wine tasting and introduced me to a few reds to go along. I picked up two Cotes du Rhones, a Vacqueyras and an elusive 2001 Chateauneuf du Pape.

I went down to the basement level where they store most of their wine as an annex and chatted with them about the issues around importing wine from CA to the UK. Very informative and a great way to spend the lunch hour. I'm really pleased to have finally found a great wine shop (and wine bar!) in such a central location.

No comments: