While all you folks back home are probably doing much more important things like following the 'AmericaVotes2006!' Senate election results or reading about P.W. Botha dying in South Africa, I went out this evening with some American and Irish friends. And I have a confession to make. I went to see something really nerdy, and I loved it. No, not Literature major nerdy like a Shakespeare play translated into French and updated to reflect the current day royal family or something. I went to this.
Let me just say, it was hilarious and I wouldn't even mind watching the Trilogy again now...although I don't really need to. The best parts were re-enacted for me, with commentary about 'mistakes' in plot or props. Charles Ross on stage is brilliant. Charles Ross in person...well let's just say that if I went on a blind date with him, I'd be 'going to the ladies room' and never coming back really quickly. I'm sure he's a lovely person, with way too much time on his hands. At least he's directed his skills and passion into a career, which also provides entertainment for others. For that, I commend him. (And I really liked his Emperor voice and Luke facial expressions).
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment