Thursday, May 04, 2006

Free food!

For the last year and a half, I've used the Open Table restaurant reservation system whenever possible. Given that I was in India for 6 months, this is effectively only a year of eating out. I finally crossed the 5,000 point mark, and I have chosen to redeem my points for a $50 Dining Cheque. For those of you who are aware of my infatuation, nay, obsession, with point systems, this is very excting for me. You typically earn 100 points per reservation, but I've earned 1,000 bonus points a few times with strategic reservations...anyhow, this is a free meal out and I can't wait to use it!

Also I'm pretty broke right now, relatively speaking. I'm still paying off the new bed, trip to Boston for the 4th of July, 6 month car insurance premium, French classes, and initial Paris costs. Ug. I *can* afford this trip, but I'm trying to squeeze it into my budget without using savings. We'll see if I can make the numbers work out. Good thing I'm not an accountant - I'm way too creative with my personal finances...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I recently learned that Open Table charges the individual participating restaurants a flat monthly fee, plus a small amount per reservation. But if a restaurant has a website, they usually have a link to Open Table. If you enter Open Table through the restaurant's website, they are only charged a small fraction per reservation over what they are charged if you go directly to Open Table. Just something to keep in mind! Now that I know that, I always try to go in through the restaurant's site.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.