...all over the world. I don't have much of anything interesting going on, so I'll post about the interesting things my friends are doing.
One of my best friends from high school, Brea, has been living in China for the past year, and she comes home in two weeks to move to Boston and start a new life there. As sad as I am that she won't be in California, I'm happy that I have more excuses to go to Boston, including this 4th of July. This weekend, as a culmination to her time in China, Brea is running a marathon. That's pretty cool you say? I agree. But what's even more impressive is that half the course is on the Great Wall of China. Yes, she's absolutely crazy but I'm so impressed by her commitment to train for it and to run it that I think everyone else should know too.
Another close high school friend, Eleeza, quit her job in March shortly after accetping her admission to a masters program at Georgetown University. Again, sad she's leaving Cali, but happy to have yet another reason to visit DC (Liz and Brian, I'm sorry it's been over a year since I've been there!). More than just another example of my friends doing amazing things, I am jealous of what she's doing with all her time off: she's traveling to about 10 countries in over 2 months and blogging about it, too!
Marisa, a college friend who now lives in SF, is also out of the country at the moment, traveling all over Japan for 3 weeks, and yes, blogging and posting along the way. She's been so diligent about updating her blog and I've really enjoyed hearing about everything she's done, even if I do think it's kind of strange that she goes to so many baseball games there :)
And then my friend John, who is lucky enough to live in Europe (London) as it is, is in Rome this weekend/week for a conference and will be traveling with me to Paris over Memorial Day weekend. So, yeah, to all you friends who are traveling - take that! So am I! :) Less than a week before I leave...
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Heyhey, Miss I lived in India for Six Months. Your passport has led a pretty active life, too! And if Dubai had baseball games, I'd be there. Unfortunately, the players would melt after half an inning. I've already got tix to an Angels game the week I get back. Go Halos!
Eleeza, could you please take that stinky rally monkey to some State Department list country and leave it there? Thanks.
Don't you ever blaspheme about the sacred rally monkey again! God knows we could use her now. Sighhhhh. And in case you're wondering, her name is Katie and she's a delight.
ah christie, but there's nothing like baseball in japan! that, and i only got to go to two games :)
(just getting around to reading the backlog of your blog entries... i wondered why i was feeling disconnected from folks and then realized i hadn't read my kinja lately. which essentially means that this is how i primarily connect with people, sadly enough.)
Post a Comment